SC - Oven temperatures

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Mon Feb 21 19:37:09 PST 2000

Second batch was a partial success.  Decreasing the "rising" times
(they still only rise in the oven) worked well.  I think the long multi-hour
rises in the original recipe were based on a much slower yeast, like
sourdough.

As for oven temps, I did the first baking at 325 and the second at 250.
Those temperatures were probably okay, but now I know know how long
is too long.  A first baking of 25 minutes causes too much browning,
and a second baking longer than 15-20 minutes produces something
which can be shot out of a cannon, or used to pave a garden path.

Stay tuned to this channel for more Amazing Baking Adventures...

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net