SC - Overcatering

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Feb 21 20:28:24 PST 2000

This is just the entree, right?  Didn't you say someone else was bringing
the appetizer?  And for 20 people, huh?  That's about the size of our
usual household luncheon at a reasonably close event.  It also sounds
like the same amount of food.
	We went to an event our group was hosting once (I think it was a
Coronation) and there was not much feast space.  So, we opted to bring
our own.  Once there, we scoped out one of the buildings on site, and
found the children's craft cabin gave us a lovely place to set up.
Another infamous Overcatering family (The Ashleys, aka the Borg
Laurelate) were looking for a place to set up, and we invited them to
join us.  When the tables were up, the coolers came out, hibachis were
lit, bowls and platters of wonderous food began to appear, which caused
the comment from one of those ladies, Mistress Eleanor of Ashley "Oh, my,
we just brought a simple feast", to which I replied "So did we, each and
every one of us!".   The boards truely groaned that night, and a fine
time was had by all.  We did corral some non-cooks, thankfully, who ate
with us, but we still had an abundance (and some would say, better than
those inside the hall had, but I wouldn't know, of course...).
	Nice to know there are those like us around the world.
	Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies,
	surrounded by the Household of Mermayde Keepe (none of whom can 	cook
for a small number)