SC - Re: Apicius

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 03:57:47 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/21/00 11:46:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<< Thus, we not only have the problem HOW to translatate the text, but also
 the problem WHICH text: "rursum" or "sursum".

I have to ask how you manage to gain access to so many Apicius texts? Do you
have a private or public library at your disposal? If it's private, it must
be the envy of every Apicius aficionado. If it's public source, where? I have
spent hours at libraries trying to obtain articles, and other texts by inter
library loan and have ended up being told what I want is not available.

Hauviette
who spent more time searching for articles than she can describe, only to
have someone from England stop in there local library and copy them for me
and get them 4 months earlier than the message that they were not avail in
North America! :0