SC - my marble table

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue Feb 22 11:01:38 PST 2000

It didn't occur to me to mention this a little while back when it
happened, but another source of marble tables is old banks and
office buildings. That's where I got mine.

The bank at the base of the old building where I work was moving
their commercial banking to another location and keeping their mortgage
and business stuff at the office in our building. One of those big places
you rememer as a child: lots of old polished wood, brass, and marble,
big potted plants and the huge looming safe with the big door and all.

To prepare for the shift in business focus, they were moving things
around and darned if the movers didn't drop a ~3' by 5' marble slap
while they were moving it. My hubby, dear soul that he is, saw the
slab sitting around and said "my wife will shoot me dead if I don't ask
about this." So he went to the bank manager and asked what they
were going to do with it, now that it had a single break in it (cutting
it in two).

To make a long story short, let's just say I now know it takes at least
four butchy fighters to get the darned thing into my house. They told
me I can never move and they now have all the beer in my house.

Can you say pie-crust-making party?

Cheers,

Jasmine
iasmin de cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com