SC - War oven

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Feb 23 08:13:39 PST 2000

DeeWolff at aol.com wrote:

> Is there someone out there who can provide me information on how to build a
> period oven  for war? I wanted to supplement my coal fire cooking with a
> baking stint.
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Andrea

Are you talking about a beehive-shaped turf oven, or something made of
bricks? If the latter, somebody else on this list can almost surely help
you; if the former, you probably want to contact either Dame Aoife Fionn
of Endless Hills, AEthelmearc, or Mistress Thora Sharptooth, of Frosted
Hills, East. Both have websites with kewl jpegs of ovens in construction
and operation. Something about those Hill Folk. Can you tell I'm in MoAS
mode right now???

I'll look for URL's.

Adamantius of the Hill People -- much have I seen, and much have I done!
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com