SC - Pickled Onions and Eggs - Thank you !!

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Feb 23 19:30:45 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/23/00 4:16:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
HICKS_M at casa.gov.au writes:

<< if there aren't any pickled nibblies >>

I don't think we know whether they did or did not serve pickled nibbles at
taverns. What we do know is that, based on extant recipes, they most likely
did not include recipes for pickled nibbles in the books written for wealthy
and noble households to use at feasts. Thoseare the books we have access to.
We don't have any books containing recipes specifically geared toward taverns.

Ras