SC - Introduction and Question

Suzanne Powell scpowell at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 13:15:27 PST 2000

Greetings!

I have just joined your very informative list and wish to make myself known
to you.  Here in Stargate, in the kingdom of Ansteorra, I am known as Lady
Suzanne de la Ferte'.  I've had the privilege of being head cook for three
feasts in the past year (Queen's Champion, held a year ago this past
January, then Stargate's Yule Revel, held two months ago, and Westgate's
Winter Collegium, held two weeks ago). One of my goals as "head cook" is to
spread the word that medieval food *can* taste good to modern palates.  (I
have the recipes and supporting documentation for those feasts if anyone is
interested.)

A friend of mine posed a question to me, but I could not give her an answer.
  I was hoping someone on this list might be able to help her.  Here's the
pertinent portion of her message: