SC - Terence Scully book

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 25 06:39:26 PST 2000

At 09:14 AM 2/25/00 EST, Rudd Rayfield wrote:

>All in all, a splendid work, and I trust we will be seeing redactions and
>adaptations of these recipes coming forth before too long.  (I'm considering
>making a Papal Torte for Mid-Lent.)

I too thought it was neat, I don't know why but I was awestruck at what I
considered a wealth of information.  I felt like I was unlocking a chest
that was just discovered hidden.

I guess I have just had a rough week, but what I found interesting, after
only leafing through the book is that it talks about most commonly used
spices, methods of cooking, more of the 'how/what they did'.

It made me feel like I could do feasts closer to the time period then I
could just using a redacted recipe book like Pleyn Delit.

I don't want others to think I am well versed enough to give a review of
the book that would make others want to run out and buy it.  I am just
sharing my feelings.  I do not feel qualified to tell everyone that this is
the resource to end all resources.  I just think it will enable me to have
knowledge that I will be able to use to compare other resources (if they
are any)!

My next book acquisition will be Milham's Platina. ; - )  That's my
birthday present request!

	Angeline