SC - Re: Beestings--where do you get them?

Diana tantra at optonline.net
Sat Feb 26 17:19:58 PST 2000

Your logic is slightly flawed....

Any time a cow is milked (until the farmer decides to breed her again) there
is a healthy amount of cream to the milk.  I think they are bred every 3rd
year - not quite sure.
We lived across from a dairy farm when I was growing up.  The farmer would
pull a pail for us, let the cream rise ....and my mom would make the
absolute best  whipped cream I ever tasted.  And it was about 1/2 to 1 cup
of cream at the top of every jug of milk he sold.  He would pasturize the
milk, but not homogenize it.

I think if you drag the cream out of the milk somehow, that makes skim, 2%
and 1% milk.  All I know is that it all tastes like white water to me unless
I can see the milkfats on the glass when I drink milk.

Diana d'Avignon