SC - Roman Icelandic Chicken[sort of]

margali margali at 99main.com
Sun Feb 27 09:25:20 PST 2000

I was browsing my apicius for something to do with chicken, and I found
a nifty recipe - fowl wrapped in dough! All it needs is the sage.

book IV birds
6b
avem sapidiorem et altiorem facies et ei pinguedinem servabis, si eam
farina oleo subacta contextam in furnum miseris.

You give a bird a greater flavor and make it more nourishing, and keep
all the fat in, if you wrap it in pastry made of oil and flour and cook
it in the oven.

Although it doesnt mention seasoning, so maybe you could get away with
making icelandic chicken for a roman event ;-)
margali