SC - Radishes

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at aracnet.com
Sun Feb 27 10:31:34 PST 2000

>Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:11:07 +0100
>From: Linda Giddings <McKeown at micronet.net>
>Subject: Re: SC - Radish Pynade
>

>> Ron and Laurene Wells wrote:
>> >
>>   The kids planted some radishes in the
>> > back yard that should be ready to pick in 2-3 weeks,
>
>Where are you?  We still have two feet of snow on the ground with a
>daily high temp of around 34.

I live in Oregon, near Portland.  We had snow here for about 3 hours this
winter.  Kind of looks like that is all we are going to get.  I went to a
Garden Club meeting this month to listen to a speaker about Organic
Gardening, and she said that she grows Brassicas (brussels sprouts,
cabbage, broccolli, etc) all winter long.  Radishes, beets, and I think
turnips fit in that category as well and could be grown here in the winter.
 I have planted some peas and lettuce as well to see if it will grow.  So
far I have no results, but it has only been a couple weeks.  There is still
time to find out.. :)
I live in Yamhill County, the heart of Oregon's Wine country.  It is a
PERFECT place for growing things!!!

- -Laurene