SC - Apicius in Ireland? and ham ideas?

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Feb 27 22:55:03 PST 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie
Bonne asks us:
Would it be realistic at all to serve a few recipes from Apicius at an event
>themed around "the vikings are attacking the coast" of Ireland?

it is my considered opinion that Apicius is perfectly appropriate for
anyone trying to do a Romano-British thang. You know, all those British
posers trying to impress the roman legionaires by building fancy baths and
importing tilework and showing off how fancy shmancy they were and that
they werent provincial at all, oh no! :)

It makes sense to me that some Londinium resident might serve Roman food or
even import a roman cook to impress the visiting dignitaries...

just my thoughts...
- --AM