SC - Re: [Trimaris] Public Consumption

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Mon Feb 28 06:01:38 PST 2000

Not a problem. I will simply cook for those who appreciate what I do, and
ignore those who prefer Holiday Inn type cuisine. If that's the prevailing
attitude, why not just have the events catered by Sonny's BBQ, or maybe we
can get the Burger King in to work his culinary magic. I'm sure 'rocco would
just LOVE to introduce the Ronald McDonald Big Shoe dance troupe and kazoo
chorus at feast! Yeah, sure, I'd love to drive 300 miles for that!
    Given the high level of appreciation expressed thus far, why should any
member of the populace (or local group) bust their butts in the kitchen for
12-14 hours straight trying to live up to the ideals and standards of the
Society, when we can sit back and watch a bunch of mundanes set up a nice
mundane feast? Dinner, excuse me. Then we can all sit around, eat chicken
ala king off our nice pewter plates, and wash it down with Tang. And
apparently, it will be received better than all that 'icky' and
'indigestible' medieval food that's been inflicted upon an unsuspecting
populace.
    No wonder more and more local groups and households are doing their own
in-camp feasts! Given that there are no (look in Tailwinds) Kingdom events
that have a host group listed for the next year, I wonder who's going to be
putting them on? Given the current climate, I will most assuredly NOT be
cooking for any Kingdom events any time soon. Up until I read Talewinds, I
had considered volunteering to do a feast down the line (yeah, I know, I'm a
glutton for punishment), but now, no thank you. The last Kingdom feast I
cooked, the King didn't even have the good grace to thank me or the kitchen
crew publicly. I even footed the cost of the feast (over $1,000) out of my
own pocket and turned in receipts, because the Kingdom was crying poor.
    I don't sling hash, and if that's what the Kingdom prefers, OK, then
I'll just cook for my local group and household. I have fun either way, and
I also have time to sit back and enjoy myself, too. At this point, I would
suggest that the powers that be grab a copy of the yellow pages, and look
under C - for catering, because I think they just blew off every cook in the
Kingdom.

    Master Siegfried