SC - Peppermint & Blueberry Rice

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Feb 28 09:28:32 PST 2000

>  Source:  Medieval Holidays and Festivals by Madeliene Pelner
> Cosman, Charles  Scribner's Sons, New York, 1981 >>
>
> AArgh.  I've seen sections of this work.  It repeats some of the
> recipes from  Fabulous Feasts,
	<snip of lots more derogatory comments>
> Brangwayna Morgan

	Yes, I know.  I wasn't defending the book, just posting the answer to
the question I had forwarded before.  We are currently having a long
discussion on our Baronial list about a feast I cooked 19 years ago that
contained the artichokes stuffed with blueberry rice from F.F.  It
wouldn't have been bad, except I lost my mind at a crucial point, and
instead of making a savory rice that was colored with blueberry juice, I
made plain rice, added blueberries, then thought, "Gee, it should be
sweet...".  I have pointed out that 1) F. F. was all the rage at the time
as a resource - certainly the most commonly available one- and that LOTS
better sources are available today, and 2) No matter how many smashing
feasts you do, you will always be remembered for your one big boner. :/
	Christianna