SC - Re: OMIGOD- HAPPY MEALS AT CROWN TOURNEY

micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Feb 28 10:42:40 PST 2000

Hauviette said...

> Actually my kids wouldn't eat most anything I put before them at home, let
> alone anything unusual at a feast. I will be getting 2 cheeseburger meals and
> a chicken nugget (YUCK) for my three boys. This will be the happiest they
> have ever been while eating feast!
>
> We do have to be reasonable for our children, although I wish we would serve
> something similar but cooked fresh, like home made chicken nuggets, fries and
> burgers. I prefer less sodium, preservatives and grease in my childrens foods
> than Mickey D's offers.
>
> Oh well, maybe when my son wins crown he'll eat at the big kids table!

Doesn't this go back to a previous thread several months ago on
capitulating to children's whims and not encouraging them to be
adventurous with their taste buds?

I recently read that babies are basically born without taste preferences
(i.e.: no taste buds) and develop these in the first five years of their
life.

Given these parameters, I could not, and will not, condone this
behavior. I am sorry, good lady, to disagree with you on this but I
would be encouraging my children to experiment and not bow down to their
unhealthy worship of the almighty sodium crap served by these places.
Not a good example to set imo.

Respectfully
Micaylah