SC - Cherry tarts? - Question to the list

Susan P Laing Susan.P.Laing at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Mon Feb 28 22:13:33 PST 2000

Hi all!

Back when I first joined the SCA, one of the dishes served at a feast was a type
of cherry tart (pie base was plain pastry; cherry filling was very rich).

It received rave reviews; converted a number of "period food is nasty" people
(;-p); and still sticks in my memory of "I have got to make this" after 9 years.

 Unfortunately, the lady who cooked it has passed beyond my range of contacts,
and I'm unable to find out where the recipe originated from (the closest I've
found is the recipe "Chyryoun" - page 201 "Take a thousand eggesor more" by
C.Renfrow  [second ed. Volume one]

The question is - does anyone know on a period recipe for Cherry tarts or pies?
(or should I just play with this one to create what I'm after??)

Mari
Brisbane, Australia

end