SC -menu & looking for recipes

Rhonda New rbnew at ftw.nrcs.usda.gov
Tue Feb 29 09:14:09 PST 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/29/00 9:19:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> kareno at lewistown.net writes:
>
> << My first feast and I get to serve about 200 for the day board, and 150
>  (max) for evening feast >>
>
> I have seen this 'custom' before. Why do shires. etc. put the same person in
> charge of every meal served? This is bizarre. We have a kitchen steward for
> breakfast (Usually little to no experience), a kitchen steward for lunch
> (Usually more experience), and a kitchen steward for feast (experienced). No
> single person is overwhelmed and many more get an opportunity to gain
> experience and participate on the administration level.
>
> Ras

I agree - even for a group of 150 to 200 it can be major stress.  One
solution would be for the kitchen steward to enlist the services of an
assistant to handle the day board.  As now "head kitchen steward,"
one is able to oversee the endeavor but leave the actual task to another.
There are always those with little or no experience but are interested
in learning.  You might even find a very experienced cook who just
want's to do something light (and there is sooo much information to
be learned from him/her).
Congratulations on your first feast !!

/Ly Elizabeth Hawkwood
Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra