SC - Digests

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Thu Jan 6 09:55:19 PST 2000

> I assume you are thinking of a sweet wafer here and not a
> savory one. If you get a good savory wafer recipe, please
> let me know.

Yes sweet with a sprinkling of powdre douce.

For a nice sounding savory wafer I recall a wafer made with
fish and cheese that sounded appetizing.

> I still need some good foods that can be
> prepared ahead by an inexperienced cook and set out for the
> Royalty to browse on at lunch. Compost and sweet wafers and
> maybe a duck is all I have come up with so far.

Send me a private email and maybe I can help you with a menu.

> > I'm doing this pretty much alone so I can't do anything
> > complicated, I'd have loved to do the fruit and nut "entrails"
> > for this.
>
> Could haslet be cooked ahead and stored or would it
> get soggy if I did that? It would need to be refrigerated, I
> imagine.

I think it would be okay if unrefrigerated but stored in an airtight
container.

> There is a reason it is called the Barony of the Steppes there.
> Perhaps you should move down here. We got hills and it is cooler
> in the summer. But little snow, I'm afraid.

Austin is very nice but I don't think I would survive very well there.

> Stefan
> (In the Texas Hill Country)

Yers,

Gunthar