SC - 12th night-Atlantia

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jan 6 23:14:01 PST 2000

Zoe suggested:
> Maybe a
> contact list in with Stefans files would be a good thing? People would
> volunteer to  be on the list and give maybe their Kingdom and email address,
> and list the special areas of study they have.

> Kind of like the resource list on the Rialto. I see this could be a simple
> file in Stefan's Files, and would include people from anywhere. not just the
> cooks list.  Bad idea? or is this something that is already done?

The closest parallel to this that I'm aware of is the resource list from
the Rialto that you mention. Although I remember it being mentioned from
time to time, I've never used it although I added my name to it awhile
back. I don't know if it is still in operation, though.

I am willing to offer the support of the Florilegium site for this. But
I don't have the time to manage such an effort myself. I could accept
such a file by email and then move it to the site, or I could probably
get things set up where the volunteer could directly FTP the file to
the site. My only concern would be that the people listed would have
to volunteer to have their names there. We might not even post the
individual's contact info, but have all requests for help and release
of contact info pass through the volunteer.

Recently there was a question to me about whether there was a Known
World list of mail lists. Again, though I've heard this talked about,
I've never heard of it actually being done. So if there is someone
who wants to maintain a file of SCA-related mail lists, I will be
glad to offer support for it on the Florilegium site.

So if anybody wants to discuss this or wishes to volunteer, simply
email me.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net