SC - Fwd: Question about cassoulet and recipe

Bronwynmgn@aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 14:22:52 PST 2000

>Man, I wish I'd been at your Twelfth Night Feast.  Ours was plentiful, very
>well cooked and presented, quite tasty - and totally mundane.

Ours was totally period and very, very good, but I did not get a written
menu so I'll just describe:

trays of dried fruits and nuts
a cabbage soup,
homemade bread,
pork with ___ sauce,
VERY good egg custard tart, lightly spiced

funges,
onion soup,
veal with white sauce,
veal with green sauce,
a dried pea dish, (a paste of yellow peas)
spinach braised and topped with a dusting of parmesan(?)
fried fig tarts.

But it began 45 minutes late, with the individual dishes coming out slowly
enough that some guests packed up and left for home during the second course
and was cursed with no serving utensils. Everyone at our table has decided
to go thrift shopping and add a couple of ladles and spoons to their
feastgear basket for future use.

bonne