SC - Looking for Stollen

Mon Jan 10 15:00:41 PST 2000

- --part1_ea.eacc1504.25abb5bc_boundary

One of my shire members has asked me to assist her in cooking a feast for an
event next fall.  She has sent me the following recipe, asking if we can
"make it period".  I have told her that the best we can do would be
"period-like", and also that I am unsure if this type of casserole is a
period concept.  I haven't come across any, but my knowledge of the body of
recipes is pretty limited.  Can anyone give me any information on whether
this type of dish is found in the medieval and/or Renaissance periods, and
point me to similar recipes if they exist?

Brangwayna Morgan

In a message dated 1/10/2000 9:34:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,