Re. SC - camp ovens

CONNECT@aol.com CONNECT at aol.com
Tue Jan 11 07:08:10 PST 2000

I hate to say it, cause I hate to be shilling for a company that I consaider
to be just this side of the antichrist, but
Free updates to all microsoft office products, especially including all
security fixes and Y2K updates to date have been available, for at least
two years, at the microsoftweb site.  The fixes are currently located at:

   http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/

All free, damn their eyes!

Brandu

>>> Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> 01/11 12:05 AM >>>
Steve Brooks commented:
> The rule is
>
> Every year that is divisible by 4 is a leap year...(eg 2004, 2008)
> except where
> Every year that is divisible by 100 is not a leap year (eg 2100,2200)
> unless
> Every year that is divisible by 400 is a leap year (eg 2000,2400)
>
> A lot of software got this wrong, some programmers knew the first rule, a
> few new both rule one and two and even less knew about rule 3.  So you hope
> that the programmer was either very good or very bad, Microsoft programmers
> are obviously mediocre and hence the problem.

Either that, or possibly it was a strategic decision. Afterall, this error
did force folks to buy a new copy of the software. I didn't see Microsoft,
as far as I remember, offering a free fix for the problems in Excel.

Frankly, when looking for software I buy it elsewhere before I resort
to Microsoft, but less and less alternatives seem to be there.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net