SC - Cooking in MOC

Jessica Tiffin jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za
Thu Jan 13 09:08:08 PST 2000

Lucretzia remarked:
> Due to various catastrophes, I have just this week accepted position of Head
> Cook for Drachenwald Coronation on March 18. Yes, two months - eeeep!
>
> The 'theme' of the weekend is to be medieval courtly love, especially the
> importance of one's own consort, not just those of the fighters in the royal
> list. So I have said I'll do it as though it were a feast at Queen Eleanor
> of Aquitane's court (i.e. latter half of the 1100s). Now comes the fun
> part...

Well, these are the files in the Florilegium that I think might be of use:
In FOOD-BY-REGION:
fd-Normans-msg     (8K) 12/ 1/98    Food of the Normans. Referances.

In CHIVALRY:
courtly-love-bib  (13K) 10/15/98    Bibliography on Courtly Love.
courtly-love-msg  (12K)  9/23/99    The history and concept of courtly love.

In the FEASTS section:
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.

In FOOD-SWEETS:
Roses-a-Sugar-art (21K)  7/15/98    "Divers Pretty Things Made Of Roses
& Sugar"
                                       by Mistress Renata Kestryl of Highwynds.
sotelties-msg    (152K)  4/15/99    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.

I hope these files give you some ideas.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net