SC - Lost characters in HTML

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Jan 13 14:03:05 PST 2000

Lucretzia asks:

>Any ideas how many a normal bunny would feed as a mid-course dish?  Phlip?<

It would obviously depend on how you served it, and the size of the animal,
but you can usually figure on a rabbit being the same size as a chicken, so
if you roasted or fried it, it would feed 4, made it into a pie, a table of
8, and if you put it into a stews, as many as you want ;-)

Rabbit is a nice meat to work with- it's a bit exotic for most folks, but
you can use it in any recipe you'd use chicken for. The same cautions apply,
though- a young rabbit can be cooked any way, an older rabbit, like an older
chicken, needs to be tenderized. The flavor things goes the same as well-
older rabbits and chickens have a more intense flavor, so they do take well
to stew types of things.

Also, if you don't have enough rabbit, you can cheat a bit- add boneless
dark meat  chicken to fill out the dish- we have specials here, where you
can buy chicken leg quarters for $0.29 a pound- been living on them, lately.

The rabbits I got for Ras' event were at perfect butchering weight- about 8
weeks old, and very tender, other than the few I picked up at a livestock
auction- do you remember how tough they were to skin, Ras? It's just a
thing, where as they mature, their connective tissues grow more tough and
dense, as with any other animal.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

Johnson: Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men.
Boswell: Indeed, and where else will you find such horses, and such men?