SC - Coronation feast

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 13 20:24:06 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/13/00 4:45:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com writes:

<< I would
 prefer folks not use the single-character fraction symbols for 1/2 and
 1/4 etc.  >>

I think the reason you have trouble with this is because some servers and
programs automatically convert fractions into their appropriate form. Other
reasons could be that the recipes are copied from databases in programs like
Mastercook and others which automatically convert them.

BTAIM, the recipes I send are always hand typed into the e-mail at the time
so if fractions are not appearing correctly for you then the problem is at
your end. I am on several cooking and recipe exchange lists and have never
had the problem you mention no matter what the origin of the recipe. I would
suggest looking in your computer manual and seeing what, if any, function you
may have turned off that should be on. Barring that an update to your system
should fix the problem.

Ras