SC - Lost characters in HTML

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Fri Jan 14 01:37:01 PST 2000

Hi all,
	I am revisiting the French Toast theme for my entry into our Midwinter
Arts and Sciences this weekend.  In going back over the messages from
that discussion (it took me a while to find it, I had forgotten I had
created an entire folder for French Toast!) I found this late entry from
Bonne.  My question is, is the phrase "wish a dish turn your slices of
bread upward" a typo, and if so, what is meant?  with a dish?  using a
dish to help flip the slices?
Thanks,
	Christianna
> Is it too late to offer the two of you the recipe from Gervase
> Markham's
> "The English Housewife"?
>
> 28. To make the best panperdy
>
> To make the best panperdy, take a dozen eggs, and break them, and
> beat them very well, then put unto them cloves, mace, cinnamon and
nutmeg, and good store of sugar, with as much salt as shall season it:
then take a manchet, and cut it into thick slices like toasts; which
done, take your