SC - Coronation feast--Rabbits for Feasts

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jan 14 16:52:57 PST 2000

Ras writes;
"There is little if any meat on the breast (e.g., chest of a rabbit. The meat
is located on the back legs, and along the backbone as well as some on the
front legs. When Phlip and I did the rabbits at a past Will's Revenge, we
just put the entire rabbit (2 per table) an a platter and let them have at
it. There was plenty for all."

Ras, Phlip, Admantius, thank you all for the answers to a question I was
pondering this week myself. We may be gifted with a "freezer full" of dressed
bunnies from a local rabbitry and I was trying to figure how far a bunny
would stretch as part of a 3-4 course feast. And the pointer about age is a
great one. I'll be sure to ask the lady for that info to help me plan on the
choice of recipe.

This will be the Northern Lights (East Kingdom A&S) feast again. It is my 3rd
year as Kitchen Steward for this one. I do mostly period recipes to good
response. This year it looks like we will be scheduling it on April 1, so I
am diving into the Florilegium in search of interesting illusion foods. Any
thoughts and/or advice welcome from all.
Aelfwyn