SC - Period French Toast Recipies

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Jan 16 12:56:15 PST 2000

lilinah at grin.net wrote:

> Now, i wonder, how would it be made from pannetone?

You'd need a discerning eye to watch for burning fruit or candied peel,
silly! Pannetone makes an excellent trifle, though, if toasted before
adding the custard.

> Anahita the croissant eata

Yeah, but wheahd yuh get the Joisey accent? Actually I wonder what they
call croissants in Hoboken? It's a word I can barely form with my own
mouth, and my New York accent is not especially pronounced, except when
I put it on for tourists. I'm told I have what's known as a Catholic
School accent.

For mandatory food content in this part of the post, I'll see if I can
dig up my Veal Toast recipe later. It would seem to be a meat-based
cousin of Pan Perdew... a little like Shrimp Toast, but with a veal and
currant forcemeat instead of shrimp. Interesting stuff.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com