SC - Golden Balls

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Jan 16 13:21:36 PST 2000

Christianna wrote:
> I just finished printing everything out (2:25 AM - ouch!) and it comes
to 12 >pages. [snip]
> Lady Brighid even has her own Appendix, for "A story regarding the
> spiritual side of 'sopas doradas'".

To which Brighid responded:
> Oh dear.  I'm not sure that I'm ready for my own appendix.  Couldn't
> I just start out with a footnote, and gradually work my way up?  :-)

	Oh, don't be so modest.  After all, translating and making available to
us heretofore unknown in English recipes from period Spanish sources is
nothing to sneeze at!  And even though I did not make the Golden Sops (I
did Platina's Golden Balls instead, just pop them in your mouth...)
having the additional period corroboration of the food was a very nice
thing to end the doc. packet with.  And for those who were wondering, I
did very well with my entry.  I received a Superior (roughly equivallent
to 1st place in our judging system) and the comment I have been waiting
for my entire 21 -year long SCA carreer "Your documentation is perfect".
YES!  The display looked fabulous (if I do say so myself) and everything
was very tasty, which is a plus, no matter how you look at it. ;)

> >  I will have to re-organize it when the event is over, but I will
> be glad to send it along after that.
>
> Please do.  Many here will be interested in seeing the results of
> your  labors.

Ok, here is how I am going to do it.  I will send it along in sections,
with the headings of the emails titled accordingly.  That way, if you are
inclined to file it in your over-full email folders (oh, wait, that's
me...) you can tell from the listing what is in each section.  That also
keeps the size of each one down to a couple of document pages or so.   I
am probably going to do this one again for our Kingdom A&S on Memorial
Day, so I welcome comments and suggestions as to how I can tweak it to
make it even better.  I have already thought of adding a short treatise
on the different kinds of breads themselves.
	Thanks for all the help and encouragement, I really should have put
sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG down on my bibliography sheet!

	Christianna