SC - French Toast

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jan 16 22:18:43 PST 2000

Aelfwyn asked:
> We may be gifted with a "freezer full" of dressed
> bunnies from a local rabbitry and I was trying to figure how far a bunny
> would stretch as part of a 3-4 course feast. And the pointer about age is a
> great one. I'll be sure to ask the lady for that info to help me plan on the
> choice of recipe.

You might want to check this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium for
some recipes and other comments:
rabbit-dishes-msg (37K)  4/ 2/99    Period rabbit and hare recipes.

If you are trying to document rabbits or are interested in period
rabbits, check
this file in the ANIMALS section:
rabbits-msg       (24K)  6/ 3/99    Medieval rabbits. As pets and food.

> This will be the Northern Lights (East Kingdom A&S) feast again. It is my 3rd
> year as Kitchen Steward for this one. I do mostly period recipes to good
> response. This year it looks like we will be scheduling it on April 1, so I
> am diving into the Florilegium in search of interesting illusion foods. Any
> thoughts and/or advice welcome from all.

Just in case you haven't found all of these, here are the files I think might
be of interest to you for this:
In FEASTS:
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.

In FOOD:
illusion-fds-msg  (79K)  8/28/98    Medieval illusion foods. Diguised food.
Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                       by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net