SC - First Feast

Ray Nevin nevray at netspace.net.au
Mon Jan 17 22:40:39 PST 2000

Your Highness wrote:
> Greetings list,
> On January 15, my lord husband, Alfonso d'Strada won the Coronet
> Tourney of the Principality of Oertha. On January 16, he and I were
invested as the newest Prince and Princess.

> Oh my.

	Congratulations!  What an exciting time!  How long are you on the
throne? How many groups are in Oertha, and how far will you likely travel
in the course of your duties?
	I think I would definately let it be known that you appreciate period
culinary efforts.  You could make a habit of sponsoring small cooking
contests, or Best Period Cookies will win a prize at the Princess' Tea,
or even taking largesse with you with the intention of recognizing
cooking entrants in A&S competitions.  We have had a lot of interest
recently in some sort of cooking contest, I am thinking about creating a
"box test", where all entrants get a box of ingredients and a set amount
of time to create.  For our purposes, I imagine having a good set of our
standard references on hand would be appropriate. We have also talked
about doing something for the older kids, based on something that was
being discussed here recently - a redaction class and cooking session.
As Princess, you can drop all kinds of suggestions and put your name on
lots of activities, and encourage others to have these activities at
their events.  By allowing folks to experiment on period cooking in small
batches you let them get their feet wet without commiting to an entire
event, which can be scary.

	> Wish us luck and a not too outrageous monthly phone bill,

> HRH Cedrin

	Get used to it!
	Have a blast-
	Christianna