SC - Fwd: Article from the globeandmail.com Web Centre

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 00:38:33 PST 2000

- ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01BF61DB.2265EB20

Hi

I'm planning to cook my first feast on 6th May for our College Saint  =
Day. The theme is French (the idea for the theme came from a C..A. : ) =
but mostly taken from the goodman of paris (ie what source I could get =
my hands on) =20

I'm going on mostly other people's redaction and tweaking them as =
neceesary (ie changing to British measurements). I'm going try =
'redacting' white leeks from Chiquart.  (I'm doing the planning now =
because I on holidays bored and having problems finding work and because =
the feast will be mid-semester.) I don't need to ask for people =
allergies as I know most of them (and its a long list) so I'm taken the =
simplest option of  making sure I don't use the same ingredients over =
and over in the majority of dishes.

I'm after suggestions for a red meat dish from french sources preferably =
(my copy of goodman of paris has some pages missing and I don't  have =
easy acces to other sources including web (because the intenet hours get =
used up by my little brother).

I alos have questions about a couple of things and would appreciate any =
suggestions

'Sixth Course. Pears and comfits, medlars and peeled nuts ..........'
'Sixth Course and last course for Issue. Sugared flawns and larded milk, =
peeled nuts, cooked pears, and comfits'
'third course...........fruit, clarry, pastries, medlars, peeled nuts.'

What are likely to be the peeled nuts? (someone hopefully asked if this =
could include roast chestnuts)=20

In the first example are the pears likely to be cooked? Would the =
medlars be cooked? How would the pears and medlers be cooked?

Fruit occured a couple of other times as well. What is it likely to be =
and is it likely to be cooked?

Thank you=20

Elizabet
College of St Monica

- ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01BF61DB.2265EB20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm planning to cook my first =
feast on 6th May=20
for our College Saint  Day. The theme is French (the idea for the =
theme=20
came from a C..A. : ) but mostly taken from the goodman of paris (ie =
what source=20
I could get my hands on)  </FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm going on mostly other people's =
redaction and=20
tweaking them as neceesary (ie changing to British measurements). I'm =
going try=20
'redacting' white leeks from Chiquart.</FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>  (I'm=20
doing the planning now because I on holidays bored and having problems =
finding=20
work and because the feast will be mid-semester.) I don't need to ask =
for people=20
allergies as I know most of them (and its a long list) so I'm taken the =
simplest=20
option of  making sure I don't use the same ingredients over and =
over in=20
the majority of dishes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm after suggestions for a red meat =
dish from=20
french sources preferably (my copy of goodman of paris has some pages =
missing=20
and I don't  have easy acces to other sources including web =
(because the=20
intenet hours get used up by my little brother).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I alos have questions about a couple of =
things and=20
would appreciate any suggestions</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>'Sixth Course. Pears and comfits, =
medlars and=20
peeled nuts ..........'</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>'Sixth Course and last course for =
Issue. Sugared=20
flawns and larded milk, peeled nuts, cooked pears, and =
comfits'</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>'third course...........fruit, clarry, =
pastries,=20
medlars, peeled nuts.'</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What are likely to be the peeled nuts? =
(someone=20
hopefully asked if this could include roast chestnuts) </FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In the first example are the pears =
likely to be=20
cooked? Would the medlars be cooked? How would the pears and medlers be=20
cooked?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Fruit occured a couple of other times =
as well. What=20
is it likely to be and is it likely to be cooked?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you </FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Elizabet</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>College of St =
Monica</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01BF61DB.2265EB20--