SC - Fwd: Article from the globeandmail.com Web Centre

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Wed Jan 19 12:15:35 PST 2000

Helen writes:

>       Sorry if this offends anyone, but I got similar treatment at the 3
> events
>  and several fighter practices I have been to in 2 different areas. That is
> why I
>  have not joined.

(Snip)

>  A true outsiders view,

As another "outsider" I feel I have to respond.

I can only speak to my experiences with Nordskogen, but, at the couple of
local SCA events I have attended, I was made to feel welcome by friendly
people.  I was not given the cold shoulder, and was included in the
festivities.  On another occaision I arrived late, could not be mistaken for
anything but an outsider, yet I was greeted warmly and fed a great deal.

Rudd Rayfield