SC -Redacting?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 18:46:12 PST 2000

Raoghnailt wrote:
>That's wonderful news.  I would institute (if you don't already have one) an
>award for those persons who by their work (feastocratting) and teaching
>others encourage the use and spread of good period cooking.

Please don't. It seems to me that awards in most parts of the SCA have
proliferated to the point of triviality, to say the least. About the best
thing that any king/queen or prince(ess) could do is to bundle all awards
except SCA-wide standards (and kingdom-wide, for a principality) into no
more than three orders, inducting (en masse) all recipients of lower and
more specialized awards into those orders, and then close all but those
orders. It would go over like a lead balloon at the initial announcement,
but in the long run it would be well worth the trouble.

Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark