SC - The Symposium!

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Thu Jan 20 00:02:10 PST 2000

Seumas said:
> Could there be a
> difference between a relatively new branch (say less than ten years), a
> mid range branch, and an old time branch?

I've found two opposing tendencies with a small/new branch, which is
all my experience consists of:

1. Newcomers!  New people!  Make the Shire grow!  Fall on their necks
and weep with joy!  etc etc etc.  We are small enough that newcomers
are always noticed and we're very glad to have them and very
determined to make them happy enough to come back.

2. A small branch means fewer people to do the organising, which
means that, however glad you are to see new people, it's sometimes
difficult to actually spend time with them as you whirlwind past,
cooking (see?  cooking content!), serving, putting up banners,
etc...

A Chatelaine is a lovesome thing, god wot...

Jehanne

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin  *  Seneschal, Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town
(Jessica Tiffin, University of Cape Town)
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant/stidings.htm