SC - Meat for 250

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 20 16:16:27 PST 2000

- -

>James F. Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Being the bad and ill disciplined cook that I am, I didn't bother so much
with measuring. I heated the honey and added breadcrumbs until they
absorbed all the honey and I couldn't stir without risk of breaking the
spoon or my wrist.

and Vika responded:
>Ohhhhh.  Rain-BOW.  I guess I do need more breadcrumbs then.  The stuff
I've always ended up with still had honey nature--definitely not all
absorbed.

    and Caointiarn chimes in:

    DRY breadcrumbs is probably the best answer,  and while a 1:1 ratio has
worked for me, I also had extra standing by, (just in case I needed more)
the idea is to stir   *rapidly* the crumbs into the boiling honey  -- like
cream of wheat --until the mixture is too hard to stir/ is sticking to the
side of the pot.  and since you are trying to roll it into balls, you're
obviously letting it cool enough to handle.  If it's still too sticky,  try
kneading very fine breadcrumbs (bread dust?) into the mixture/ coating your
hands with it.