SC - Period French Toast Recipies

Elysant@aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 18:05:17 PST 2000

Well, larding is a wonderfully medieval technique for adding fat to a
roast to provide moisture and flavor.  Basically, you take a 'larding
needle' and use it to literally thread a piece of lard through the
meat.  Do this with several lard strips and you have a well basted
roast.  You can get larding needles at food/cookery supply shops, and
maybe someone else has a source.

niccolo difrancesco