SC - Period French Toast Recipies

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:25:14 PST 2000

I am returned from the symposium rejunvenated.  That may wear off in the
next few weeks from the daily grind, but I am recovered from the year end
madness at the office.

Margaret and I got to spend a good deal of time with Dr. Mary Ellen Milham,
who may be frail of body, but is still sharp of mind.  Her questions during
my talk on Food in Renaissance Art and her later gentle critique of my
presentation have provided my with some ideas for enlarging and improving
the presentation.

The dinner and con suite discussions with Caroline Yeldham were also
fascinating.  I missed her presentations because of scheduling conflicts and
preparing for my presentation.  It was definely my loss.

I did get to attend Anne-Marie's presentation and to assist her in the
kitchen for a short time.  A delightful and knowledgeable lady with a
super-organized kitchen.  I'm going to steal a few of her tricks for when I
get to work in a kitchen big enough to hold a staff.

The dinners were superb in repast and in ambiance.  They were a pleasant mix
of good food, good conversation, dance and music.  If I had any doubts about
the value of the symposium, the food alone would have me ready for another.

The books from Poison Pen Press constituted an irresistible temptation.
Margaret and I lightened Devra's load by adding to our respective libraries.

For me, this was one of the most enjoyable weekends of the past several
years.  I've already started thinking about a presentation for the next
symposium.  Let's do it again.

Bear