SC - Period French Toast Recipies

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 20:19:29 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/21/2000 8:28:56 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

<<  is a fabrication of
 the local producers of Vidallias while they still had a monopoly on them.
 With the introduction of the new northern variety, we are thankfully freed
 from these overpriced vegetables in the market place should we choose to
grow
 them. ;-) Personally, I try to get the Sweet Spanish ones. They have far
more
 depth of flavor than Vidallias.

 Ras >>

Truth is, Ras, that there IS something in the soil in the area that makes the
Vidalia taste milder and sweeter than onions grown elsewhere.  Vidalia onions
are simply Bermuda onions grown in the area around Vidalia Georgia.  Cuttings
taken from authentic Vidalia onions and grown elsewhere just don't taste the
same at all.  Common Bermuda onions planted in the area by anyone do have the
distinctive Vidalia taste.  I've tried both planting Vidalia onions
elsewhere, and planting Bermudas in the Vidalia area.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt
(m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ)