SC - cultivar?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jan 22 22:47:01 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/22/00 5:34:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu writes:

<< BTW, on the topic of organ meats, at the Pennsic Cooks thing, thanks for
 convincing me to try the dish made with lamb's testicles.>>

No problem. It was one of the few unclaimed parts of the lamb from Phlip's
informative class. Frankly, such tidbits are not usually available locally
either commercially or privately so I jumped at the opportunity to try one of
the more infamous period recipes. I am glad I did. It was a wonderful dish
for which I can thank Elysant, one of my students, for the Cameline Sauce. My
only mistake was in not skinning the testicles after they were cooked. The
directions didn't mention it and the outer membrane was sort of tough when
you happened on a piece of it.

<< It was amazing.>>

That is was. I have added the recipe to my files of definite medieval taste
treats in case I come across more of the major ingredients.

 << Next Pennsic I bring a dish of my own to contribute.  >>

I am looking forward to it. I am sure it will be wonderful whatever you
bring. :-)

Ras