SC - Fat tailed sheep

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 23:57:56 PST 2000

sca-cooks wrote:>
> Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 20:44:53 -0500
> From: "Alderton, Philippa" <phlip at morganco.net>
> Subject: Re: SC - Fat tailed sheep
>
> Thank-you, Thomas, and Nanna, Ras, and Adamantius as well. This ought to help the folks who need the information ;-)
>
> If anybody else knows more about them including where one might find
> representitives of the breed today, please let me know.
> Phlip
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 02:07:55 -0000
> From: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Nanna_R=F6gnvaldard=F3ttir?=" <nannar at isholf.is>
> Subject: Re: SC - Fat tailed sheep
>
> >If anybody else knows more about them including where one might find
> >representitives of the breed today, please let me know.
>
> North Africa, especially Tunisia, Egypt, many regions in sub-Saharan Africa, Turkey, most of the Middle East, Arabia, central Asia, Mongolia,
western China, northern India, and several other places. Around 25% of
the world´s sheep are fat-tailed, according to The Oxford Companion to
Food. There are several hundred breeds, and they seem to originate
around the 4th millenium BC.
> Nanna

Try making contact with these folks, I am also on this list and so are
several other SCA folks who are either just interested or raise period
animals. rarelivestock at onelist.com
Johann