SC - re the Good Feasts thread on the Rialto

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 07:29:40 PST 2000

> Adamantius replied:
> Presumably because of low conductivity and a low reaction to salts... no
> real reason why we couldn't eat caviar with them, but they're kinda big
> for it.
>
> Adamantius

Um...and the problem with that is? (evil wide grin) Just my $.02 on the horn
issue, though: I found that olive oil does a fabulous job keeping the horn
from getting 'dry'.

I found out how good of a job it does when an old housemate almost found
himself gutted with my great-great grandmother's carving set.  It is high
carbon steel, with antler handles - and the jerk put it in the diswasher,
with the cleanser that has bleach in it.  I didn't get there until after the
deed was done, and he was quite repentant....

Use the spoons in good health.

Diana