SC - 16th Century Recipes

Aldyth@aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Mon Jan 24 09:04:31 PST 2000

Aldyth wrote:
> Greetings all.  Does anyone have ideas of "late" period sources for recipes?
> Our Gracious Queen would like 16th century recipes at her A&S.  It does not
> appear to be an issue as to the type of cuisine, or location, just 16th
> century.  Platina and Apicius are just a little early...

There are two German books translated into English and available on
the web.
Das Kochbuch der Sabina Welserin (1553) is entirely translated and at:
<http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html>

Parts of Ein New Kochbuch by Marx Rumpolt (1581) are at:
<http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/Welcome.html>

Valoise