SC - 16th century recipes (long list)

Thomas Gloning Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de
Mon Jan 24 14:18:07 PST 2000

DianaFiona at aol.com wrote:

>     The cooks for our big annual Tourney last year toyed with the
> idea of doing Rosee, to the point of trying a redaction or two of
> it. We came to the conclusions that dried organic rosepetals are
> *really* hard to find, and that if you don't have a reliable source
> of fresh ones blooming at the time you need them it is probably not
> the most practical dish to try for a feast. The only redaction I
> tasted was very bland, too--it definitely needed more rose flavor,
> and probably more dates. Easily fixable, of course, but we couldn't
> get enough organic rosepetals to do the dish for 200.

I realize it's not proper and accurate, but--if it's a
not-enough-flavor problem, could you not pump it up with rosewater?
(I've never even seen it, and I don't have FoC on me to see the
recipe, so I might well be talking out my ...orifice.)

Vika
who doesn't usually care for straight-up rose flavor anyways