SC - Eternal soup pots

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 22:26:23 PST 2000

The other Lord Steffan said:
> The peacock (actually 7 to 9 lb. turkey breasts, the local peacock farm
> didn't have any available at the moment.  Which is too bad, because,
> peacock is very good.)

Have you actually had peacock? There are period referances to it being a
tough bird and to substitute another bird covering that bird in the
peacock's skin and feathers.

I think that referance as well as others and comments on handling
modern peacock sotelities can be found in this file in the FOOD
section of my files:
peacocks-msg      (24K)  3/17/99    Serving peacock sotelties safely.

Steffan, I'd love to hear more comments about your experiences with
cooking peacocks.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net