SC - Beer

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Thu Jan 27 18:52:03 PST 2000

> Ok Alex, I agree with you up to this point- and I
> must add (and I'm sure
> that the new Princess already knows this) that many
> places, including
> Oertha, already have this sort of thing. In the West
> there are a variety
> of 'Spoon' awards (Silver Spoon, Wooden Spoon,
> Bronze Spoon, what have
> you), and Ber, you have several, including the
> Oertha one don't you?

I am lacking the Oerthan one, actually, and it is
the Silver Ulu.  I think Lochac has an Iron Spoon.
I've got two Silver Spoons, one Copper and three
Woodens.  Basically, they go to the winner of the
contest on that day--they don't carry precedence,
and they seem to be a uniquely Western thing--
semi-order, semi-award, no longer really a quasi-
guild because there is an actual Cookerie Guild now.

Since the Silver Ulu is there, and I'm not sure it's
been awarded in a while, what about using it to good
cause and having a single person you recognize for
overall contribution to the principality by teaching
and example in period cooking?

[snippage of discussion about whether we should have
awards]

Berengaria