SC - Pomegranate seeds

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jan 27 21:09:40 PST 2000

Greetings to the list,

I got an inquiry from this non-SCA person asking for any recipe for Pel'meni.
Apparently there is a referance to them in my files but no recipe.

Since he is not on this list or in the SCA, please send any replies to him
at terracore at terracore.com as well as to this list.

Stefan
- ----------------
>> I'm looking for a pel'meni recipe.  I saw your SCA page with the reference
>> while trying to find it.  There is a restaurant here in town that
serves it
>> and I was wanting to make it at home.
>>
>>         Any clues where I could find such a recipe?

>>         Steve
>>         Juneau, Alaska

> Pel'meni is a Russian meat
> dumpling.  The specific recipe I'm looking for is usually refered to as a
> Mongolian meat dumpling.  (they are very similar, so either recipe would
> work).  I'm actually collecting Pel'meni recipes, in case anybody else is
> I'll paste some recipe URLs below.
>
>         Pel'meni is a classic Russian dish.  It's considered by many to be the
> "fast food" of Russia because Pel'meni stands can turn out a meal in just a
> few minutes.
>
> http://davinci.sla.purdue.edu/fll/Russian/cuisine.html
> http://www.icc.ru/fed/pelmeni.html
> http://www.russiadom.com/pelmen02.htm