SC - a method of preserving peacock skin - long

David & Sue Carter drcarter at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 27 23:40:25 PST 2000

Diana d'Avignon said:
> Rolling Thunder encampment from Trimaris did this a couple of years - it is
> a pot of soup that is kept hot and available 24 hours a day.  Anyone who is
> hungry can eat from it - and no one was ever turned away.  It is a great way
> to feed a large encampment that never seems to have the same mealtimes
> programmed into their bodies. :-)

Yes, and the soup is supposed to get better and better as the time goes
by because of the variety of foods that get thrown in and their long
simmering time. And I think it did in our case. I thought the soup the
first day was rather thin and watery, but by the next day it tasted
richer and better. Of course throwing in the wrong foods can also ruin
the whole thing.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net