SC - Translations of Spanish foods

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 20:04:57 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/27/00 11:31:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

<< I got an inquiry from this non-SCA person asking for any recipe for
Pel'meni.
 Apparently there is a reference to them in my files but no recipe. >>

Wonton wrappers are a very good substitute for pel'meni dough. Although
pel'meni is somewhat thinner, wonton wrappers produce good results and are
less susceptible to falling apart when you cook them. It would be my
recommendation to substitute instead of trying to make the dough from
scratch. The only thing is to remember to wet the wonton wrapper edges when
enclosing the filling because it does not adhere to itself like pel'meni
dough does.

Hopes this helps.

Ras