SC - a method of preserving peacock skin - long

David & Sue Carter drcarter at bigpond.com
Sat Jan 29 02:45:02 PST 2000

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain translated a section of
> Source: Luis Lobera de Avila, _Banquete de Nobles Caballeros_

Thank you, Lady Brighid! This is wonderful info. I will be proud to add
this to the Florilegium.

> And because in Spain there are many good
> wines and good water and there is little need of beer and it is not
> customary, I will not enlarge on this material.

> It remains to speak of water, because many gentlemen and lords drink
> it, so I will speak of its selection and benefits.

And this is also VERY interesting. I believe we have discussed here whether
plain water was drunk in our period. This is perhaps the clearest
evidence that I have seen that it was indeed done and not because that
was all they had.

Brighid, does he go on to talk about selecting water to drink and it's
benefits? If so, I would love to have a translation of that section.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net